Welcome to The Climbing Unit
We boast over 1100 sq metres of climbing, including both bouldering and roped climbing. Our wall is set in a prime location and is really easy to find, being just 400 metres off the Pentagon Island in Chaddesden.
At the centre we cater for all ages and abilities. We love to have family and group visits, corporate events and kids’ parties. Our team coach members of the British Climbing Team and have done for over 10 years, so if you have children who love climbing trees bring them down. We’ll encourage them to hone their tree climbing skills on our walls, so you never know!
Our staff are a friendly bunch who want to encourage and support new and experienced climbers alike. Contact us for more information and we will be happy to help you with any questions or requirements you have.
- Over 1100 square metres of climbing
- A dedicated competition wall
- Training facilities including campus board and training boards
- 10 dedicated and graded climbing circuits from easy to can’t do
- 250 square metres of roped climbing area to a height of 9 metres
In The Unit
- Awesome sound system
- Free unlimited off-road car parking
- Climbing boots and harness hire
- Sale of equipment
- Clean and modern toilets and disabled facilities
- Comfy warm seating area (Leather sofas)
- Seating around the unit
- Café which sells the best tasting fresh coffee and tea, homemade cakes and locally sourced snacks
- Safe storage for personal belongings
- Modern LED lighting creating a green solution but daylight energetic look
- Air extractors for very busy periods to draw out this chalky fog